Agency Development Manager
With millions of customers visiting us every day to find, discover, and buy products, we’re obsessed with doing the shopping experience the best it can be – and advertising is a part of that experience. We strive to make advertising so relevant that customers welcome it – on Amazon, on mobile and tablet devices, and across the web. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
If you’re obsessed with being a part of digital advertising that informs instead of interrupts; that helps customers deliver great products and brands, not just delivers impressions; and that empowers customers to be decisive, rather than distracts them – then we want you to come to join us and make advertising even better. The Amazon India Advertising business is a strategic start-up with support and interest from business units across the company and Amazon’s top management. We are a motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team building a high growth business. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action and a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. This role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future vision for Amazon.
This position is based in Mumbai, with travel as required.
We are looking for a hands-on, detail-oriented, highly motivated and cross-functionally oriented Business Development Manager to help scale our growing Agency Advertising program for Brands. Developing and leveraging strong relationships with Agencies, Brands and internal teams, this person will be responsible for creating differentiated offerings across categories, which will not be limited to those that sell on Amazon. This role will directly impact our ability to position our ad products for specific categories and help scale the existing business.
To do this, this person needs to be extremely data-driven, have a good understanding of digital (display, video, social and search) advertising products, have cross-functional capabilities to work with different teams seamlessly and synthesize analysis into a concise and compelling presentation. In addition to this, the person will interact with product development, technical teams, finance, legal, business teams, advertising agencies, and clients/sellers.
· Serve as a key member of the agency team, helping to drive overall Amazon Advertising strategy and business growth with a granular focus on metrics and adoptions
· Establish and build strong, profitable, long-term relationships with Seller/Brand community and establish closed-loop processes for product and operational feedback and contribute to the overall growth and profit of Amazon India’s business by expanding our partner ecosystem
· Identify, rationalize and define channel strategy for Amazon India’s Advertising business. For each Industry segment and Sales channel, define the business model, advertisement offering, engagement process, and support/operations model to drive brand adoption and revenue growth.
· Build scale by collaborating with internal stakeholders (Product managers, Ad operations, Service provider teams, Optimization teams, Seller Sales and Account teams) to develop joint business plans and upsell opportunities with coherent messaging/positioning for agencies.
· Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case. Build and execute the strategic business development plan and outreach through different Sales Channels to drive metrics and awareness plus adoption while working with key internal stakeholders to drive mutually beneficial programs.
· Prepare and give the senior management team business reviews regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption customers.
· 8+ years of proven experience of cross-functional skills, business/operations management in Advertisements/Marketing, especially online marketing and advertising· Creative and strategic vision to build a value proposition for clients and advertisements property
- Experience in Programmatic advertising or Agencies with a focus on Sales/strategy
· Strong data and analytical skills as well as experience in applying those skills in the advertising domain
· Media planning capabilities (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint; Nielsen @Plan, Ad Relevance and NetView; DART, Atlas) preferable
· Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets
· Bachelor's degree; emphasis in Marketing, Advertising, or Business preferred. MBA would be preferred in Marketing and cross-functional Strategy on B2B
· Sound judgment and flexibility in balancing program requirements, tight deadlines, and keeping people and projects moving on schedule
· Fluent in English
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Adept at making data-driven decisions.
· Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment